Friday, January 30, 2015

Liebster award - get to know a bit about me!

I have been nominated for the Liebster Award by Ally at My Prairie Abode. Thanks Ally! As I am just starting out in the blogging world, this is new for me and I am excited to be able to participate.




Here are my questions:
                
1. What is your most treasured memory? 
Wow, it is hard to pick just one. Christmas mornings as a child rank up there, but so does the moment I was proposed to, the moment Josh and I shared our first kiss, and the day my son was born. 
I think ultimately I will say my honeymoon in Cuba. It is the memory I return to most often and the one that I think of whenever I need a pick me up, or need to relax. I have such fond memories of that week. It really was a magical vacation.

2. What is a recipe that you are super good at making? 
Baklava. I have perfected my recipe to make it just the way I like - perfect honey sauce, crispy texture.

3. Why do you blog? 
I wanted a way to share the things I am doing for Jacob and the things I am doing in my life. I like to be creative and I figured this would be a good outlet. I also want to have a place where I can record memories of this time in our lives. 

4. What is your greatest accomplishment?
My thesis and undergrad degree.

5. What is something that you've dreamed about doing, but haven't yet done? 
Travelling to Greece.

6. A movie/show that you must watch if it is on TV, no matter how many times you've seen it? Forrest Gump or Stepmom. I'm that annoying person who has the dialogue memorized and says it all along with the movie.

7. How do you treat yourself? 
Usually with junk food :) Sometimes with a massage, bubble bath, or by painting my nails.

8. Do you have a cool party trick? 
Unfortunately no I don't.

9. Where do you see yourself in three years? 
Hopefully enjoying another maternity leave.

10. What is the best feeling in the world to you? 
The feeling I get when my baby smiles at me.

11. What is a personality trait that you really like about yourself?
I am extremely loyal.

I don't follow a lot of blogs and I am pretty new to this, so I definitely don't have 11 people to nominate but I will nominate two friends who are launching blogs. I nominate Katie at The Kaleidoscope Eyes and Sarah at Cats and the Cradle. Here are your questions!

1. What do you consider your strongest moment?
2. What season is your favourite and why?
3. Where would you like to travel next?
4. What are you most looking forward to this year?
5. Do you have an unusual talent?
6. What makes you proudest?
7. Which celebrity do people say you most look like?
 8. What hobbies do you have?
9. What do you hope to get from blogging?
10. What is your favourite thing to do after a long, stressful day?
11. How do you want your child's upbringing to differ from yours?

2 comments:

  1. I love it!

    OMG Stepmom. Guaranteed cry-fest for me. Such a good movie though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I love Baklava! I will gladly accept and do this sometime this weekend!

    ReplyDelete