Thursday, February 5, 2015

Ribbon sensory toy

Recently a friend told me about a toy she made for her little boy (who is the same age as Jacob) out of ribbon and a yogurt container. It sounded like something Jacob might like, so last weekend when I finished up the yogurt to make an Orange Creamsicle Smoothie, I washed the container and set it aside. 

Today I decided to make the toy. I took various colours, textures, and widths of ribbon and cut them into pieces. I cut slits into the yogurt container with a very sharp knife and inserted the ribbon through the slits. I tied large knots on the end of the ribbon that had just been inserted into the container and then pulled them through until they were tight, so that the length of the ribbon was on the outside of the container. I then taped the lid onto the container with strong packing tape.

Here is the finished product.


It looks silly, but it will certainly be something my little guy will enjoy!


Recycling an old container into a bright and tactile toy is a fun activity to do on this wintery day.

1 comment: