Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Toddler pizzas and ginger snaps

This weekend I made pizza and garlic fingers from scratch for Josh and I. We always make our own sauce and we make our own dough as well. The pizza crust tends to be thick, and while I enjoy a thick crust, Josh isn't the biggest fan. So I decided to pinch some of the dough off and make mini versions for Jacob. I made two mini pizzas and two mini garlic fingers. I was careful to go easy on the sauce and the cheese, using just enough to flavour the crusts. They turned out really well.

How cute are these tiny little pizzas? Jacob just loved them.

Today I baked some ginger spice cookies from a recipe that appeared in Chatelaine years ago. While I was visiting a friend this weekend, he offered us a cookie from a batch that his neighbour baked. They were delicious: the perfect ginger flavor, great snap, and just the right crunch. I couldn't get them out of my mind. So when I got home from our visit, I called my friend's mother and asked her where he might have gotten these cookies. She said their neighbour Carrie made them so I asked her to locate the recipe for me. That evening she emailed it to me and today I had the time to try it out.

They're the perfect ginger snap.

Just look at that texture.

They made a perfect afternoon snack with some milk.

No comments:

Post a Comment